Tuesday, April 1, 2008

First work-day excitement

Today is my first day at work. So even though the alarm clock woke me up at 7.05 a.m. I got out of bed with a sense of purpose (an emotion I hardly ever experience in the morning). I felt like a small child on its first school day. More, I felt reminded of other first-day experiences. Like back in August 2000 when I had my first day at the Colegio Claretiano in Trujillo, Peru during my AFS exchange. Well I guess today I won't spend the first break sitting in a school-yard being surrounded by roughly 200 pupils who all wanted to talk (at the same time AND in Spanish, argh) or at least glance at the 'gringo'. Or like October, 1st, 2004 which marked my first day at university. That day I meet many people that I call good friends these days. So, to cut a long story short, yeah, I'm definitely excited about my first day at work. I'm very much looking forward to the challenges ahead of me and to meeting lots of new people!

(This entry was written on my mobile phone while riding the Metro on my way to work. Definitely the longest text I've ever written on a mobile phone. Needless to say that it's freakin' uncomfortable.)

No comments: