Tuesday, April 8, 2008

3G iPhone to arrive within the next 60 days.

This has been all over the news already but in case someone missed it: Walt Mossberg mentioned that a 3G iPhone is to arrive within the next 60 days. This would single-handedly get rid of the biggest flaw of Apple's latest and greatest and I think a 3G version would also help the not-too-impressive sales in Europe. However I'm convinced that Steve Jobs is going to milk this one. Looking at the current price in a market such as Austria (€399 for the 8GB and €499 for the 16GB iPhone) I'd imagine a 3G iPhone to come in at around €499 (8GB) and probably something such as €599 for a 16GB version. Or maybe Apple will skip the 8GB 3G iPhone all together. That could of course also mean that the current, non-3G iPhone see a price-cut to something closer to €299 and €399.

Personally, and I know that's not going to happen, what I'd like to have is a 4GB 3G iPhone that comes in at €199. (I'd even settle for 2GB is the price is right) because for all my multi-GigaByte media-storage I prefer a seperate device anyway. "I'm having a day-dream and it feels so good."

Anyway, let the countdown begin! :-)

No comments: